Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beachy Crab Handprint Craft

I love all of the posts and pins based on children's handprints and the different scenes and animals you can create with them. I was searching for a summery themed one to do with my now two year old, (WOW! where did the time go!), when a google search lead me to : http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/08/super-cute-handprint-crabs-saturdays.html. I absolutely loved the one with the big grin and it looked like a good fit for my very active toddler. So I got one of my small pre-stretched canvases, painted the background, painted my son's hands red, and pressed them to the canvas. I will say that I wish I had applied the paint a little thicker, the crab's body (his handprints) came out a little light. I waited for the paint to dry and then went back with some more paint,  black sharpie, and googly eyes and finished the details of the little crab. I think he turned out pretty cute.




He looked a little unfinished and I usually go back and paint the sides of the canvas, but since I found this great burlap and red striped ribbon at Hobby Lobby, I decided to hot glue it to the sides as well as using a piece to hang from the back. This picture shows it a little better :


(Sorry it's sideways.., my computer and camera aren't communicating very well today)

All in all, I think it turned out very cute and am so glad there are so many creative people out there that are willing to share their ideas with others so we can continue to create wonderful keepsakes for our families.






No comments:

Post a Comment