Repainting of our old chandelier
As you can tell from the first photos.., our old chandelier had great bones, but the gold paint needed an upgrade. So since our curtain rods were already oil rubbed bronze, I went with that. I found a spray paint that completely matched, removed the fake candles, taped of the lights and top, cleaned it with some baby wipes, sprayed it with a white primer (then learned I should have cover every stick of furniture and the floor with plastic), then sprayed it with two light coats of the oil rubbed bronze. I love how it turned out! Got the idea off my favorite site.., Pinterest! Thanks to all who posted pictures of their chandelier re-dos and how to do them on there.., gave me a step by step guide and the motivation to fix our outdated, but lovely chandelier, for way cheaper than it was to buy a new one!
the chandelier before
taped and ready to go
with primer
the new color : oil rubbed bronze.., love it!!!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment