Monday, January 9, 2012

Halloween bats wall mural



        I used on idea from Pinterest (where I get all my great ideas) to create this mural of bats for a long blank wall in my living room. I love to decorate for Halloween and have an annual party for my friends every year. I try to go all out with the decorating and this year to save money (and because there are a lot of great ideas out there) decided to make many of my new ones and reuse some of the old ones in new ways. I had purchased this Haunted House from Yankee Candle several years back and decided it would be great to display it combined with the bat mural idea I saw on Pinterest. Instead of using a couple of stencils and tracing out all the bats, I graduated the sizes from small to large, so that they would appear to be flying out of the tower of the haunted house. The bats are super easy to make, all you need is some black cardstock (tried construction paper, but the wings wouldn't stay up) and tape. I eyeballed each of them, no stencil required. Then just simply place the bats on the wall in any pattern you desire. I actually made one large bat out of all the little ones, you really can't get the full effect because I couldn't stand back from the wall far enough to get the whole image, but it really turned out pretty well. Everyone at the party really liked the idea and couldn't believe how easy it was to replicate.





No comments:

Post a Comment